Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 19, 2014

You look like an Easter Egg!

While I was getting ready to go out and ski yesterday afternoon.. Steve told me I looked like an Easter egg! Can you believe that! I love those crazy colorful socks. 
Did I ever mention how I have this competitive side? It might come from being the last born. I had to fight for a speck of attention.. or maybe I just needed more of it? I use to think I was only good enough, if I tried hard at something and came in first. 
I suppose competitiveness never really changes with age. Now, I just do it for me and the sweet satisfaction. Yesterday while starting off cross country skiing. I  think our neighbors where in front of me for a bit. It was pretty busy out in the woods since everyone decided to ski yesterday. My competitiveness came out, but instead of passing up the neighbor guy, I stayed 10 feet behind him, making him work hard to stay in front of me. I kind of wanted to wear him out and see how long he'd last before he gave up and let me pass. He even ditched his wife.. who I passed without even looking up. I could hear her call out his name, but he never stopped. Probably knew I was on his heels. He finally did stop at a map sign. I'm sure he was grateful for the rest and also to wait for his wife. Having him ski like crazy in front of me was way better then passing him up. Sweet satisfaction..  

The other skiers on the trail, I couldn't wait to pass up. Some gave me a workout thinking they could keep going at my pace, but quickly gave up when they realized I didn't give up.. I was in it to pass them and keep going never looking back. It was good for me to have all these other skiers making me work harder and the time sure did go by quickly. Usually I have the trails to myself and there is no rush only my own desire to go faster. I like having others to challenge.
After skiing, I quickly had to get ready to go out to dinner. Considering I was sweat soaked 15 minutes before this pix.. I fixed myself up okay.. 

It was burger night. We are kind of obsessed with finding the perfect burger. Of course there is also the issue of not wanting to wait all night to eat. Salut is a French restaurant but they make really great burgers. Steve and I always split our food. Half a portion is more like a normal portion size. 
I have no idea of what they add to the ketchup but it's excellent. 
It wasn't juicy burger.. but tasty and good as I was starving! The restaurant felt bad we had to wait so long to get seated, we got two free appetizers, garlic shrimp and pate. Of course I forgot to take a photo of the shrimp but it was delicious! 
I was the driver.. drinking my cherry zero calorie waters. It was bar time.. Drinks at Lucky 13.. We should really go here for diner the food all looked so good! We ate our way through 3 bowl of popcorn. 
That was the end of our Saturday night out and about. I was done.. tired and finished! 
Once again.. Sunday the end of my workout week.. The totals are in... 58.5 miles total! 
18 miles cross ramp
18 miles treadmill
18 miles cross country ski
4.5 miles stationary bike
3 hours down hill ski - no miles just time. 

7 days of planks = 14 minutes total
7 days of Super woman = 7 minutes
7 days of squats @ 50 per day with 16 pounds weights
6 days of pushups = avg 5 to 6 per day
7 days of ab/arm workout at the gym = 70 minutes!
You would think these legs would be tired.. Nope.. off to ski later on this afternoon.. I'm trying to do 12 miles per day.. combo of cross ramp, treadmill and skiing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment