Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, January 27, 2014

If Only!

If only I could actually sleep in on days I don't have to wake up early! I still feel tired
I think it's time for long bangs.. or shorter long bangs. I really like being able to get every last strand of hair up in a pony tail. This is why I haven't made the big change to shorten up the bangs. I do need a new style that's easy. 
Woke up feeling like I could be getting a cold. Might need to load up on vitamin C. I am still going to workout..I have to be super, super sick with a fever before I decide to rest. 
Last night for family dinner we celebrated the Chinese New Year with homemade (our version of Chinese food). I loaded up my plate. I was waiting for dinner to have all my favorites, ribs, rice, noodles, veggies and a egg roll 
I've gone 18 days now eating healthy. I did have a tiny slice of apple/pear tart and lemon pie. Steve made the tart with my crust and his mother made the lemon tart. They were both delicious but I know a bite or two is enough. Instead of no sugar challenge after 18 days it will just be healthy eating with extremely limited sugar. Diets never last, but healthy eating 99% of the time is a much better life style. I'm not stopping the challenge just because I ate some sugar over the weekend. I'm going for healthy eating, more veggies, fruit and keeping my calorie count down with the hopes to lose a few more pounds. 

We are in once again another Polar Vortex.. the cold, cold air from Canada is here for the next 2 days. No school for the kids and lucky me... no work for today. A little cold isn't going to stop me from running. 

Its probably time I start doing a different treadmill workout. Yesterday, I took it easy and dropped my speed down to 5.7mph on the big 1.5 hill. I feel like most days it takes all my will power to keep running. Today, I'll run by how I feel since I'm not 100%. I want to try doing some speed work.. staying at 7mph longer then just the last 2 or 3 minutes. I need to go back to the every other minute make it easy running 5.5 to hard 7.0mph with random hills because it's not flat outside. I have to keep it as real as I can. I'm also sticking with 30 minutes.. It's not my favorite running on the treadmill. I get the best of both worlds doing 30 on the cross ramp too which is all hills. Plus, I can run backwards on that and work other muscles. 

Last week miles
Cross ramp running= 21 miles
Treadmill running= 21 miles
Biking = 9 miles
X-skiing = 0 miles (too cold) 
Total miles = 51

No comments:

Post a Comment