Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, January 27, 2014

Its hard to believe.

Sitting inside a warm house with the sun shining doesn't really look like an extremely cold day.. Looks can be and are deceiving!
I'm making the most out of my day with the kids home , No school day.. 
I am treating myself to 20 calorie hot chocolate. It's just what I needed after my all morning workout. 

I thought today would be a tough day for me working out. Was I ever wrong! Even if I got up at 5am.. went back to bed till 8am, got up Stretched till 9am.. and out the door in the freezing cold I went to the gym. I had no plans to do more then an hour of cardio. I was on the cross ramp, feeling kind of good so I increased the resistance to 12 going forward.. then 15 minutes later while running backward I increased the resistance to 13.. for an hour I ran on the cross ramp and every 15 minutes switched from forward to backwards keeping the resistance a lot harder. Who knew I'd feel this great with extra sleep. Pays to go back to bed and rest. 
Weekends are suppose to be when I can do more miles of running then just 6. Its harder then you think to go beyond an hour when running indoors so I usually just talk myself out of doing any second longer then minimum. I figure.. good enough at least I'm running 6 miles that's enough! Well, today I not only did 6 miles but I decided to run on the treadmill for 30 more minutes or 3 miles. I took it a bit easy running most at 5.5miles per hour. I realized I'd never reach 3 miles in 30 minutes if I didn't pick up the pace. Last 5 minutes I ran 6.5 and then 7.0mph.. done in 31 minutes. 9 miles total for today. 

I always finish my workout with ab exercises and then lifting a few weights to work on my shoulders and arms) Got to tone up anything that wants to flap around. 
My healthy eating on day 18 included cutting up this fresh pineapple and freezing it. I'm trying to make my own frozen fruit since I can only find it at Walmart. The best kind of dessert real fresh fruit. 
It's time to clean up.. wash my gym clothes, read and nap. A great way to spend the rest of a Polar Vortex, -7 degree day!




No comments:

Post a Comment