Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 10, 2014

If I can't.. you, can not? & 10 Pound Challenge!

 We had one of those conversations last night about who would be going to the gym this morning. Normally we both would go. Today, Celina has band practice at school, smack in the middle of our workout time. (Did I mention how much I dislike her band teacher? and it's not because of early morning practice) 

Normally, I'd be the one going to the gym. Steve and I decided that if he couldn't go, I can not go to the gym. Seems fair and this way we both can see Celina in the morning before she leaves for the day. The only bummer part is we still had to get up extra early so she wasn't the only one up and awake. So much for a sleep in day.

I'm not planning on taking a rest day of cardio.. Just because I wimped out yesterday on cross country skiing does not mean that will happen today! 

I've been thinking a lot about my diet. My lack of losing the 10 pounds and the poor snack food choices I've been making. I go to bed each night reflecting on how I did not accomplish my food goals of eating healthy all day long. How every day I blow my diet with high calorie snacks. It's a cycle that has to end. I did it for over a year and I can do it again. This time, I only have 10 to 15 pounds to lose, not 50. That number should be easier, but it's not any more easy then losing 50. I have to be in a mind set that I'm 100% in and very stubborn about losing the weight. I am at that point where I'm not feeling good even with all the exercise. 

My 10 pound Challenge!
1. Switch out unhealthy foods for low cal ones (sweet potato, popcorn, edamomie, carrots, cauliflower) 
2. Don't just write down what I eat, record the number of accurate calories
3. Don't buy foods I should not eat
4. If I'm hungry, try drinking water to see if I'm just thirsty
5. Don't eat while sitting on the computer or in front of the TV
6. Eat slowly.. enjoy every bite

It's also time to go back to weighing myself daily.. it's just a number, one of the many to keep me on track... fit for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment