Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Weight loss is not a race or a competition.

I stepped on the scale this morning and was expecting to see more weight loss. I just assume since I've stuck to my diet of eating healthy, less calories, plus exercise I should lose a pound a day. That's just not the case. It's a slow process and its not a race or a competition with anyone, not even yourself. I'll just keep plugging away one day after another... Day 9... 10 pounds to go...
This morning started off with shoveling 4 to 5 inches of snow. Steve and I did it together and it went fairly quickly, about 20 minutes. I was off to the gym and the roads weren't even plowed...
I started off with 30 minutes on the cross ramp. It was an easy 3 miles because I had 2 gym friends to talk with.. I had to leave them and go run on the treadmill. I was pretty proud any day I feel up to keeping a 6.0mph pace with 1.5 rolling hills.. for 30 minutes or 3 miles. sometimes I feel extra tired and drop down to 5.5 for a bit but not today.. The last 3 minutes I ran at 7.0 even with hills! Ended strong and felt great.. So good I hopped on the stationary bike for 15 minute and did an easy 4.5miles. Time was ticking away so that was enough cardio for the day.. I had to do my abs, arms/chest and head for home. 
Logan has been into playing chess. He is doing a class at school and wants to play all the time. Its nice to see him do something other then Mindcraft! I just haven't played in a while and coming home all sweaty I'm not ready to play a mind game.. Good thing Steve and Celina are wanting to take my turn for now. I do love this game along with Cribbage and Scrabble. 

Last night around 5pm I was starving. I usually don't make dinner but since Steve was still not home from work I took it upon myself to make dinner. A healthy dinner. I cut up yellow squash, onions and added water, steam cooked until soft. Heated up a jar of Tomato sauce and thin noodles for the kids. I also used the french bread and made butter - Parmesan cheese rounds toasted in the oven. 
It's extremely low in calorie, filling and tasted just like spaghetti. Easy enough even I can make this.. I'll be eating leftovers for lunch.. 
_____________________________________________
What's another good low cal veggie dinner I could make? 

Do you like or hate to shovel snow? 


No comments:

Post a Comment