Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scream in the Woods!

I screamed sooo loud in the woods. That's what can happen when your cruising along enjoying the woods and Bam a skier flies by you .. I think I scared that guy as much as myself. 
What a perfect morning to go ski. 35*F and a light wind. Felt good to skip the gym this morning and head outside for my cardio exercise. Why is it that I feel like I'm not getting a full workout if I don't do the gym and an outside workout? I'm still working on wanting to workout 2x's a day. I need to build up my endurance if I plan to run a marathon this year. A twice a day workout would be easier to get in miles without making me overly tired. 

I stayed on course today and didn't get lost by taking any wrong turns. I did take a slightly longer route to ski 1 hour and 10 minutes or 5.81 miles for the day. My average speed was a slow 5.3mph. I feel like I'm going faster then that but I guess going up hills slows you down. I wonder how cross country skiing compares to running? I might just have to Google that! 
Last night we had dinner out at Doolittle's with friends. Steve and I shared a burger/fries and some roasted chicken wings. I never eat the chicken skin and these were not fried. I completely forgot to take a photo of our food. Delicious. I was starving since we didn't eat until after 7pm. I managed to eat about 4 slices of bread with butter.. at least I resisted the temptation to eat some mudslide pie. 
Day 3 of my lose 10 pounds challenge

I can already tell I feel so much better giving up sugar treats. I don't go to bed with regret on my poor food choices and I don't wake up disappointed that I'm not the weight I want to be. 

 Food from yesterday... 
Breakfast - 2 wheat bread with Chunky PB - 300 calories

Lunch- Vegetable Barley soup - 120 calories
Carrot sticks and 1/2 TBSP lite ranch - 20 calories
Hot chocolate (40 cal type) with coffee - 40 calories

Dinner -  6 baked chicken wings, no skin
               1/2 burger 
               fries
               4 thin slices of white bread with butter =900 cal? 

Snacks - Carrot sticks with 1/2 TBSP lite ranch 30 cal. 
Total ate = 1400 calories aprox??

How much did I burn through exercise? 
Treadmill 1 hr = 700 calories
Clean 2.5 hours = 500 calories
Plank 2 min, SM 1 min, Squats 50 w/16lb wts, 5 pushups = ? cal

Total burned = 1200 calories aprox. 

How much weight have I lost? No idea! The point is that I do feel better and am back on track to a healthy lifestyle. That's really all that matters. I'm only giving up my high calorie snacks and trying to make better choices or have half the amount of foods we really should not eat, like French fries! 


No comments:

Post a Comment