Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 6 and what do I have to show for it?

That's a loaded question.. What do I have to show for not eating junk 6 days in a row? 



I certainly didn't lose much weight like I had hoped. Then again I don't know if you can really eat Chilpolte and Little Cesar's in one day and still  lose weight. 

I do feel better for not eating junk. I still want junk foods.. Like ice cream, cake and chocolate. I have a daily conversation with myself about needing to keep going and not give in to short term temptations. 

I do feel a bit thinner around my waist. I didn't pre-measure my waist before but I can just tell.. 

I do feel stuck.. like my weight isn't budging much for all my effort, exercise, eating less, no high calorie snacks. 

What do I need to do to continue? Stay focused.. one day at a time to achieve my goals. It's not a race, it's a lifestyle and a life long one at that. I'll keep taking baby steps until I reach my weight loss goal. 

Time to up my workouts and up my diet plan to eat less. 
Lets talk about yesterday's fresh snow.. We had at least 4 or 5 inches of fresh light fluffy snow. Put that over icy- crusted snow and mostly un-groomed trails equals a really tough, tough 5.5 miles of cross country skiing. I wanted to quit right out in the middle of the woods. My body was aching and I was just sloppy tired. The sloppy comes from trails really poor trail conditions. 
It was incredibly beautiful skiing through snow covered pines. I really enjoy looking around and taking it all in. 

This was my I'm done skiing look. I was exhausted and sore all over. I tried out my motorcycle goggles for skiing and they didn't really work, fogged up a ton so I gave up and they ended up around my neck. 
The best part of my day.. having lunch with Kendra and Evan.
Such a little cutie. He smiled at me a few times. 
Yasmine (Yorkie) likes to steel kisses.. This little boy is going to get lots more dog kiss in his lifetime.. 

This morning I did 3 miles on the cross ramp.. 3 miles on the treadmill and I really wanted to just walk instead of run at 6.0mph with hills. The last minute I did 7.0mph just to make my 3 miles before the 30 minutes was up. Happy to be done with my morning workout. 
This afternoon, I'll be back out there on the trails.. hopefully groomed today. Skiing close to 6 miles in the hour plus it's going to take me.. Each day it will get easier.. I just need to stick with it.. no matter how hard it seems at the time. 

Day 6 eating plan.. No cake, candy, ice cream etc.. sugary junk just stay away from it. Healthy snacks only.. like popcorn, veggies and fruit. 
Goal to have 1500 calories or less and total miles at 12 for running/skiing..  plus keep moving.. stay busy and out of the kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment