Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'm richer today even if I didn't win..

Last night was the big drawing for the Minnesota Raffle. My number did not come up on any of the prizes. Even if this Raffle didn't pay out for me.. I am still richer today. I have all these great people in my life that make me rich and I am forever thankful for each and every one. 
Last night we had New Year's Day dinner. I was planning on having snow crab legs for dinner until I saw this...

Steve made the best garlic wine chicken ever! Everything was super delicious, mushrooms, salad and sweet potatoes. 
I just wish we had leftovers.. After dinner we all played a game of Cribbage. It was a very close game.
We had a bit of a challenge this morning. Going to the gym later in the morning, plus all the newbies (people who just stepped foot in the gym for the first time) equals not happy regulars. We missed being able to workout on the cross ramp by 1 minute! By the time I was ready to start running, all the machines were filled. We had 2 choices.. run on the treadmill (did that yesterday) or the elliptical. We opted for the elliptical. It was kind of nice doing something different again. 

I didn't run as fast on the elliptical but I did random hills and the resistance was at level 12 to make it a lot harder. I only was able to run 5 miles in 60 minutes. This workout made the bottom of my feet hurt and start to turn numb. Not a great foot feeling.. but I stayed with it and finished off the hour. We had to skip our normal resistance today. Not enough time to wait around till the newbies got off the equipment they were hogging. Same thing today.. they like to hang on the equipment far too long and just sit and rest. Maybe a posted sign would be helpful .. I have some suggestions! I am also sure I'm guilty of a few not so great habits. Hey.. no ones perfect. 

I am a personal trainer, but I can not recommend anything other then exercises. This is a disclaimer that I am not recommending you take caffeine pills before working out. This is my own personal way of getting quick energy to workout early in the morning. I don't drink coffee or pop and what I take is equal to a beverage. I have read some article that suggest taking caffeine is actually good for weight loss as it boost your metabolism and of course it boosts your energy to workout. All good reasons for me to take a half or whole pill every morning only one time a day. No more! Yes, I get headaches if I don't take it..downside to caffeine. 
Off to start the rest of my day after I started it off right.. Feeling good and so very thankful..in 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment