Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Leave us Polar Vortex..

I'm completely tired of this Polar Vortex. It's wrecking my cross country skiing afternoons and is just too darn cold! The schools are canceled once again and I'm home too. Good thing the gym doesn't close down or I'd go stir crazy. The last polar vortex-no school day I decided to stay inside and skip the gym. Not today.. I need to go!
I'm trying to warm up before heading off the the gym. I did my planks 1 minute bent arms and the other minute straight arms. Last night to warm up I did 2 more minutes of planks. I might just have to keep doing 2 sets of planks per day since we are having a very cold Minnesota winter! It really does warm you up in 1 minute! 

I found my red stability ball.. in the basement! I knew it was down stairs I just never went and got it. Today, I am going to do a few exercises using the ball to work on my abs. I do need to start cleaning up the basement since the train set is set up all over the place. Time to put that away till Evan is a little older and can enjoy it. 
I'm still going strong.. Day 14 of my Challenge to eat healthy, no sugar! I can tell my stomach has less fat.. even if no one else can see the progress.
Dinner is always the meal where things can go very wrong fast. I leave it up to Steve to decide what we are eating. Lately, I've been having popcorn at 4pm so I'm not starving come dinner time. I don't want to over eat! Last night I had a mixed leaf salad with homemade balsamic dressing.. lots of garlic. 

Dinner would not be complete without a sampling of baked tater tots, onion rings and Steve's home made ranch dressing, potato chip chicken strips slathered in organic ketchup. 


Just because I'm trying to lose weight, doesn't mean I can't eat real foods. I am just chopping out ice cream, candy - chocolate, cake and cookies.. replacing with real fruit, more veggies and meat protein to fill me up. 
I've waited long enough.. time to head on out in the polar vortex and work up a sweat at the gym! I'm also going to spend the day cleaning my own house.. Time to clean up and get semi organized! Keep busy and keep moving to burn, burn, burn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment