Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 10, 2014

One Very Wrong Turn!

I had a stressful morning so going skiing this afternoon I thought would help. I was not sure about dressing for the weather, but risked wearing this fall jacket and a tank top. After 13 minutes, I had warmed up enough. I always hate the first few minutes outside in cold weather. I do know.. it does get better quickly and its best to ignore that voice that tells you to turn back.. it's too cold.. burr!
I'm skiing along and I take one very wrong turn. I kept ignoring the "where am I?" You'd think I would have figured it out I was lost when I went under a bridge without snow, only crushed rocks and dirt. No, I just assumed the trail would quickly loop back. 
Wrong! I'm sure it was at least a 20 minute or longer mistake of Oops wrong turn. 
I do love cross country skiing. It's even better when I hardly see any other skiers. I kind of like having the woods and trails to myself. I just don't enjoy getting lost.
I was so very happy to finally reach the end of the trail where I knew I was heading back to my starting point. 
Happy to go ski and make it back in 1 hour and 20 minute
6.88 miles! A record for miles on ski's. 
The best way to end the afternoon.. an hour long weekly massage. My body needed it.. I might have even snored a little.  I was so relaxed.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment