Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 17, 2014

Reaching my fitness goals.. one day at a time!

Steve and I have a daily routine.. stumble around in the dark, get dressed and go down stairs to stretch.. I really like laying on the floor till the caffeine kicks in and I feel like moving. I have no idea how some people can just get up, and 5 minutes later they are running full speed ahead on the treadmill. Not me! I need at least 30 minutes to wake up.. and stretching really helps wake up my muscles.
It's day 8 of my challenge..and every day I get closer to reaching my fitness goals. Stepped on the scale at the gym and at home.. Varies by 3 pounds (maybe that's due to fully clothed VS. First thing in the morning at home with out a stitch on.? ) It's a good comparison and I always use the gym weight as my real weight. Down 2 more pounds!! 
I was pretty sweaty this morning.. like every morning. Once in a while a drop of sweat would fly off my body.. Don't worry it's still in my workout space and not flying on the person next to me.. 

Same workout today.. 3 miles on the cross ramp in 30 minutes (15 min forward, 15 min backward).  Treadmill 3 miles or 30 minutes most at 6.0mph with hills to 1.5 incline and today the last 2 minutes at 7.0mph with hills. Its feeling easier to run at this pace with hills. 

Feels good to be done working out for the morning. I get to treat myself to a massage this afternoon. It's my reward for keeping on track with my goals. (That is not me on the left.. Just a good comparison of probably where I was.. ) 

When things get tough... a really hard workout or I'm hungry and just want to quit and eat some candy or junk. I just remember it's all temporary.. my goals are long term. I can do this.. and I will, one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment