Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Run, Run as fast as you can...

I felt like the little engine that could this morning. I was going to do this training plan no matter what! 

I started training for the indoor Tri. Here's what I did:
I started off with 1 mile or 10 minutes on the cross ramp, hills but easy pace. 
Treadmill at 7.0mph (fast for me) 20 minutes with the last 30 seconds at 8.0mph for 2.35 miles (Zero incline)
Stationary bike, resistance 11, 30 minutes for 10 miles. The bike seat was Killing my butt! 

What I liked about the tri training day 1? 
Variety, I get to break up the hour by using different machines to get in my cardio

What I didn't like? 
My butt killing me from the stationary bike. That was harder then peddling for 10 miles. Treadmill running fast at 7.0 for 20 minutes, I really wanted to go slower but I know to get fast, I have to keep going. I kept telling myself, its only 20 minutes I can do this!
An amazing sunrise this morning. I do know if I can get through day 1 of tri training.. I can keep going! The tri race isn't till April so I have plenty of time. I just need to figure out a cheap way to get in some pool lap swimming. 

I have to share my new favorite quick treat. Pretzel crisps dipped in almond bark. Its best to just coat half the pretzel or it's too sweet. This gives the right amount of salty/sweet with a crunch. 

Not only do I love my whole wheat bread with chunky peanut butter, I've also discovered that I like lightly toasted English muffins with apple and raspberry jelly. It's a great mid morning breakfast since I'm always starving after a workout! I need to try whole wheat English muffins a better choice! 

__________________________________________

What are your workout plans for this afternoon? 

Cross country skiing! It's finally warm enough that I can venture out into MN winter! 

What are you reading? 
I'm a library junkie.. I always get about 20 books and magazines every 2 weeks. I am awful about returning them on time so I have fines on everyone's library card. Right now I'm reading non-fiction Amanda Knox, Condon Mansion Murder Story and as always running books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment