Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday, run my buns off day!

I really like breaking up my hour cardio workout into two 30 minute workouts. Its good mixing up the workout as that's the only way to get faster, build endurance and get stronger. You just can't do the same workout day in and day out. Plus, it breaks you out of boredom. Not that I'm bored yet.. but it's coming...
I have to remember a lot of items to enjoy my workout. I've stopped bringing my watch with heart rate monitor. I kind of like just going by how I feel when I run. The cross ramp does have a heart rate monitor on the machine so I know exactly where I am for effort. 
I'm not happy that it's too cold today to go cross country skiing. Any temps close to ZERO and I'm indoors. I never did go back to the gym last night. I'd much rather skip it and wait till I can be outside. The weather report looks cold till Friday. At least my treadmill running feels much easier when I haven't skied the day before since I'm running on fresh legs. Bundle up.. it's really cold out there!
Yesterday afternoon, Steve and I got lost in all the bike stuff at the ski /bike shop. We had to drop off Logan's down hill ski's and since we were there.. Might as well look around. We spent most of the time looking at the bikes and bike shoes. Some of those bikes are in the thousands. Makes me feel a lot better for spending only $800 on our shared bike. I don't think I could ever spend $4K on a bike. We do need some actual clip on bike shoes. If I'm going to do this Dualthalon I need real bike shoe to get the full pedaling effort. Nothing is cheap and there are way too many choices. We were kind of over whelmed.. so we just looked and put a few on the wish list of what to buy at some point... 
Did I mention It's day 12.. yippee for me. Feeling thinner even if the scale won't budge. I have to give myself huge credit to sticking with this weight loss challenge! Its not easy staying focused on losing weight, eating healthy. I'm not stopping.. I'm not giving up.. I'm going to keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment