Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Is it bad that a 70 year old passed me up?

I'm skiing along and then what looks like a  70 year old guy passes me up! What is going on? 
Maybe it's because I was almost done skiing 6 miles, or maybe it was because I'm really slow.. Avg speed 5.0mph, or maybe he is just super fast.. then there is also the ski's.. mine are non-wax which I know have a lot of drag. They don't glide as smooth as those wax kind, but I wanted to keep my skiing simple and not have to wax before skiing. It's bad enough I have to get all this equipment on before I can even think about skiing. Heart rate monitor, watch, ID bracelet, IPod, ear buds, tank, what jacket, 1 pair of leggings then my snow pant leggings, long socks, ski boots, poles and skis. Not to mention the 10 minute drive to the park. It's a process and not a quick one. 
Glad to be done skiing. Just in time because it started snowing and I didn't bring any sunglasses to keep the wind/snow out of my eyes. 
I bought this $10 dollar jacket for skiing. I decided wearing my winter jacket and sweating a ton was probably not a great idea. It might just start smelling. The jacket was a great price, love the color and a super wind blocker. In fact it was too warm with that yellow sweat shirt under. I ended up taking the jacket off not even 5 minutes into my skiing. I was kind of hoping to find a jacket with a hood. Sometime its pretty windy and it's nice to have a hood for those moments where I need more then a head band. I might just try the jacket again with a not so warm under- layer? 
Skiing almost didn't happen today.  I was feeling really tired this afternoon. A nap can do wonders but it can also make you lazy. I took an hour nap, then had a handful of pretzels with water and felt much better. I did have to give myself a pep talk.. "suck it up and just go". It won't be as hard as yesterdays skiing. I was so right. Glad I just went and skied. It wasn't hard and I enjoyed today's skiing. 

12 miles for the day done! I can check that off my todo list! 
How is my healthy eating going on Day 6? 
Breakfast - 2 wheat bread with chunky PB (400)
Lunch - veggie soup (160) 1 wheat bread with chunky PB (200)
Snack - 2 cups of blueberries (200 calories)
             Apple (100)
Dinner- Thin pork chop (200)
            Brussle sprouts (100)
           Roasted sweet potato (100)
Total calories 1300
Total Calories burned = 1400


No comments:

Post a Comment