Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Need To Remember.. It is just a number!

I lost 30 pounds by never stepping on the scale. I didn't even know my heaviest weight until after I lost 50 pounds and went to the doctor and asked what that number was! I never wanted to look at the scale and for good reason. After having 2 more kids my highest weight was 188. Stepping on the scale for me is a de-motivator. Its a must when maintaining weight as I quickly found out when I stopped my daily gym weigh-ins. I gained 10 - 15 pounds of the weight I had lost even with exercising. After losing 30 pounds, I again didn't weight myself until I was down to 141, then I'd weight myself every day and wonder why I was stuck and not losing weight. The scale would fluctuate daily up 2 pounds then down 5 and back up..even thought it was the same time of day, same amount of clothes. 
I'm on Day 5 of my no sugar, eat more veggies and less food. Stepping on the scale today was not what I expected. I wanted to see that number go down and instead it went up. This is why I think it's important when your in the weight loss mode, don't weight yourself. It's one number out of the many that determines health and fitness. Muscle weights more then fat and I need to remind myself of that very fact. Don't get caught up in one number, keep going and let my clothes determine when I have lost weight. That worked before and that's how I lost 50 pounds. I never cared about the WEIGHT! I just wanted to look better and feel better in my clothes no matter what I weighted. 
The drive to the gym this morning was snowy.. After yesterdays really icy ski trails I am super excited about the fresh snow. I can tell a lot of gym peeps didn't make it in.. I think we've already lost some of those New Years Resolution people between the really cold weather last week and now the snow. The gym was super quiet.. kind of nice.. the Regulars all keep coming because they know the way to health and fitness is to stay on track, keep working out and never quit no matter what the weather or life brings us. 
It's starting to get crazy windy..with heavier snow falling.. Might be waiting a bit till I go cross country ski today?? I already did my 6 miles, 3 on the cross ramp and 3 on the treadmill with hills at 6.0mph with the last minute, 30 seconds at 7.0mph to finish strong! 
Last night, I made more Indian Fry Bread 
1 Cup Flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tsp Powdered Milk
1 Cup water
Mix all and fry at 400+F  in peanut oil. I roll out balls of dough into hand size portions. They bubble up and are crispy but still bend into a taco shape. Absolutely delicious! 

I only ate 1 taco and loaded mine with rice, guacamole, tomatoes, and salsa. Not diet food but good and spicy. I could eat this every day for lunch and dinner without ever getting sick of it. 


I started reading this new book series from James Dashner. Celina received the books for Christmas and I was looking for something new to read. Might as well read what we have in the house. Not sure I'm into the subject but this was a New York Times bestseller. I hardly read any thing and before you know it.. I needed to sleep! Off to bed at 8pm.. Too bad I just can't sleep though the night. Who said exercise helps you sleep better? It doesn't make a difference. I never sleep though the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment