Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Afternoon running

Afternoon running is working..feeling good! Love feeling awake and not having to take any caffeine to help jolt me to life. Plus sleeping in felt great!!!  
I tested a new running shirt today from Old Navy. I love the color, especially when I am running outdoors as I'll be sure to be seen by cars (very important in not getting run over). I just like my tank tops that are more fitted. I'll probably stick to what works for indoors.

We found out the gym is really crowded at noon. All the Cross Ramps and the Treadmills were taken. That only left the Elliptical. Fine by us.. I just stayed on the elliptical for 30 minutes and run 3 miles at a 12 resistance. Good thing people started leaving and I found space to run on a treadmill. 31 minutes later, varying speed from 6.0 - 7.5 mph.. flat = zero incline for a total of 3 miles. 6 not so easy miles today but they are done and you can see I was a lot happier getting in some cardio. 
I'm trying hard to figure out what I want to do for races in 2014. I am finding it hard to plan ahead. I don't want to pay for a race I won't end up doing and I don't want to pay full price waiting till race day either. This is where I have a tough time. I'd love to do all the fun races but hate paying the entry fee. I'm kind of cheap like that. 
1. Find a half marathon 13.2 miles to run this fall
2. Consider running a marathon 26.2 miles this fall
3. Do a fun type of short race 3 miles or less
4. Indoor tri - Spring
5. Dualathalon spring and fall. (run, bike, run)
6. Local close to home races 4 or less miles. 
 I'm also going to keep up with the core-ab workout, buns-squat workout and push ups. Plus really work hard to get my arms back into shape. 

Not too much to ask in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment