Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Will run and ski 12 miles to burn off a Burger and Fries...

I can't explain my choices for lunch, other then I really, really wanted a burger and onion rings. I got fries instead. They screwed up my order..so I just ate the fries. I knew the best decision is to cross country ski off the bad choice lunch. 
This is why I run.. to eat. Sometimes you just want, what you want. 

I do love my running but I also love my cross  country skiing. 
It's weird how I don't give skiing in the woods by myself a second thought, but I'd talk myself out of a trail run in those same woods in the summer. It's just different in the winter and on skis.. 

It was warm enough to try out my new running gloves. They work great with my phone. Not so great for skiing. They are pretty thin and unfortunately my finger started to get a little blister. I had to use my poles a lot today. The trail conditions were not great... sticky and tough to ski!
I was trying to be all matching today. Pink and Black.. I was still over heating in this jacket and tank top. It was 40*F but from the looks of the weather, I won't have that problem in the next few days.. Yep back down to zero and below! Great! 
I finally got Logan to the chiropractor. He was having a shoulder/neck pain for months. It finally was to the point last night where he wanted to go. His neck cracked so loud.. it was crazy! He just sat there and giggled. This kid loves cracking his toes/fingers and everyone else's too. Maybe he will want to be a chiropractor? 
I get heat and some electrodes that stimulate the muscles to relax. This is one of my favorites.. I go weekly for my heat and adjustments. This must be the reason I stay injury free when I hear about all these other runners getting hurt. I just do some maintenance on any aches and pains. Plus my Friday weekly massage. Oh how I look forward to 60 minutes of pure relaxation.. with a little deep tissue pain.. she always finds a spot that really hurts and works it out.. 

Food & Wine Tasting.. Might have to look into going to this? And now you know my real reason to run.. a little wine, good food and sugar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment