Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 27, 2014

No Junk Right Now..

I was actually craving healthy foods for lunch. This was even after I visited the grocery store where temptations of all kinds were everywhere! 
My plan was to have some Brussels sprouts but I discovered we didn't have any in the freezer. I found Green Giants, Teriyaki Steamers. It contains, brown rice, broccoli, sugar snap peas, Edamame, and red bell peppers in the most delicious Teriyaki sauce that is not over powering the veggies. (I did not get a free sample, all opinions are mine and only mine). The first thing I notice was how great this smelled. It took a quick 4 minutes in the microwave, which I like. I hate waiting for my lunch and the quicker the better because I'm starved. I love how you actually get broccoli, not any stems like you get with other brands, where they show you the buds and you get the switch instead. This is the real deal.. all good crisp veggies with lots of flavor.I will definately eat this again. I did notice it's a limited edition.. not liking that. Oh and the best part only 200 calories. Just wish I knew how many servings of veggies it contained. It didn't fill me up but it makes a great addition to a healthy lunch. 

I'm really trying to get back to eating more healthy. The new rule is 80/20 where 80% of the time you eat healthy and 20% do what you want.. I'm pretty much anti-diet, but pro healthy foods. After all I was able to still eat and lose 50 pounds.. Mostly just ate veggies, had some protein (chicken, pork) for dinner and kept my calories around 1800. It took time, slow and steady but it was the best, easiest way to lose the weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment