Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 20, 2014

What I learned about running in my 40's..

What I learned about running in my 40's. 

1. It's never too late in life to start running. I hated running and never thought I'd be running miles and miles per week. Just find something you enjoy and stick with it. 

2. I've never been more fit in my life other then when I was a competitive swimmer in my teens.. 

3. Running keeps me happy. It's all those endorphins that you get from running..a feel good all day.. 

4. I can wear anything and don't have to worry about the fat bulge. It's gone.. I also don't feel my age.. even if I look it. 

5. I hate when other 40 year olds say they are too busy to workout. Make time, its so worth it. Mobility in life is everything. Once you can no longer walk.. its a sad life. 
6. Running is great therapy. I let go of anger.. frustrations..and worries. It just helps me think clearly. 

7. Running gives me purpose. I don't need to be a born again bible thump-er to give me meaning. I just need the great outdoors, and some good heart pounding. Fitness and taking care of my health is what gives me purpose. 

8. Running gives me goals. Not just fitness goals but anything I set my mind to do. It gives me that determination to succeed. 

9. Running makes me want to eat more healthy. But it also allows me to eat the things I enjoy, cake, candy and Ice cream (moderation of course) 

10. Running has re-connected me with Steve (my husband) every morning. We found one other thing we enjoy doing together, along with eating out, camping, boating, motorcycle riding, jet skiing, kayaking, hiking, swimming and laughing, etc... an active life and a happy wife keeps the marriage running smoothly. 

I could go on and on.. and that's what I do every day..  I don't just run for a few day and quit only to start all over again.. I keep going, day after day... mixing things up with cross training, biking, skiing, boating, rock climbing, hiking etc.. Don't give up on yourself. If you have a set back, just start where you left off, don't start over. Be a born again in .. taking care of you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment