Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 1, 2014

The mail made my day

It finally arrived... all my stuff now that I'm a member of the MDRA (Minnesota Distance Running Association). I can now pour over races and everything that Minnesota has to offer in running! Who would have thought, a few years ago I could never imagine getting excited about running and now I love everything about it. Life does change and it only gets better.
Because I'm a Certified Personal Trainer, once a month I get this fitness journal which I can not wait to read all the articles on everything about fitness. 

Steve told me not to do it... I didn't listen and made some brownies anyway. He knows me too well and if they are around.. I'm going to eat them. I think he really didn't want the temptation around either.
Dark chocolate is the way to go.. I added extra chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Brownies are always better with extra added good stuff. 

The best way to bake brownies.. you put foil down in a square pan and spray it with that butter stuff. Comes out of the pan easy.. stays clean and can be cut into squares. If you wait till they are cooled off before eating. I like them hot out of the oven with ice cream... 

I cut a small slice of brownie and topped it with just enough coffee ice cream. Delicious and enough to make me feel like I ate a really good treat with out eating too much. Just a taste and a good one at that! I'm telling myself it's just because I'm not feeling well and this will help me get through. I promise to quit once I'm feeling good again.. 

Eating healthy for dinner.. lots of broccoli and rice. Plus.. might just have to get a slice of pizza loaded with veggies.. 
Even being sick.. I still managed to stretch.. do some yoga, plus back to squats, planks, superwoman and pushups. I did have to lay on the floor for an extended time today. Maybe when I'm feeling 100% I should test to see how long I can hold a plank. I've been doing daily planks for.. weeks now and I should be able to do more then 1 minute..I don't think it will be any where near 5 minutes like they have you believe it's possible after 30 days. Foolish thinking!!! Its hard! Really hard!

I did some shoveling this week.. Great exercise and it burns calories easily! I'm not sure where we'll put more snow.. the mounds on either side of the driveway are getting pretty tall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment