Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, February 3, 2014

Heart Healthy Month

February is definitely a good month to work on your heart health. It took me many years of sitting on the couch to realize it just feels better to move. If your going though any tough times in your life.. moving to pump blood through your heart is the best medicine. Nothing works quicker then a good hard run.. or even an easy one gets you back to being in a healthy place. I often work through any issues that are bothering me while running. It's the best therapy and I always walk away after a good cardio session feeling so much better no matter where I started... emotional healing for me... I've had a ton of healing to do the last 10+ years.. I never would have guessed my own mother would tell me to "Let her go". I think everyone has this notion that mothers are there to protect their own children, be there for them though thick and thin. To love them no matter what.. When that's not the case.. It's hard on your heart. There isn't a day that goes by I'm not reminded by my non-existent relationship with my mother. How those every hurtful words of "Let me go" ring out loud and clear in my head. It's devastating. I've had a lot of running miles to work though how I feel.. It never gets easier and I as a mother and now a grandmother will never understand her. I don't want to understand how you can turn away from your own child. I could nor would ever want to not have my children or grandchildren in my life. I love them all, equally and forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment