Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Push On...

I had a eat what you want day on Valentine's day. I enjoyed every bite. We made some really good home made pizza for dinner. Logan wanted a cheese, heart shaped pizza. 
This is the 2nd year in a row that Logan has been willing to hold up my glitter LOVE letters and take a photo.. He decided right before the pictures to eat a some candy that turned his teeth green. 
Steve wanted to try a pizza he saw in a magazine. I have no idea of why we don't make more pizza's to bring for a party appetizer? You really can put anything on top and it will be delicious. This was a olive oil, asparagus, potato, goat cheese, Romano cheese, green onion pizza.  I didn't try it, but it sure looked good. I was afraid of the "goat" cheese. 

We made a bunch of pizza's all with different toppings. Mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, green onion, cheese.. 
Sausage, hot pepper rings.. peppers.. etc.. 

I made this pizza with Kendra's help. Olive oil on the crust, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, topped with chopped tomatoes, ground black pepper, sprinkle of dried basil and then cooked and topped with fresh basil

Okay.. I'm now hungry again for pizza. Good thing we have a tiny bit of leftovers. I'm still starving. 
I have the best husband.. he brought me flowers yesterday and not only for me.. but split another dozen between our daughters and his mother. Love how he remembers all the girls. 
I had to laugh at myself. He recycled this card from last year and I had no idea. I didn't even remember getting it, the kids had to remind me. He loves funny cards and at $6 for the card, I'm glad he recycled it again this year! 
We had a super Friday with our grandson Evan. I'm so glad we get to spend some one on one time. Its going to be so much fun doing all the kid stuff all over again.. I found out he loves Barney books yesterday. Must be something about the color Purple kids like? 
Would you look at those feet! I had to take a funny foot photo. Which brings me to my running today. It's Saturday.. solo day at the gym as Steve takes a rest weekend. I have a problem with rest days and just don't do them very often even if I should. The last time I took a rest day it was C R A Z Y cold outside.. -60 below with the wind chill.. or something like that. The kids didn't even have school and I was not about to venture outside and see what that temperature felt like on my skin, so I took a rest day and that was 40 days ago. I'm due for another rest day.. it's coming! Not today, today is a workout at the gym by myself day! I was back to my new normal workout! 30 minutes running hills on the cross ramp, 30 minutes on the treadmill, 1 mile at 6.5mph, 1 mile at 6.0mph and the last mile at 7.0mph and then the last few minutes was back at 6.5mph to finish out the 30 minutes. I run by time, not miles but I do track the miles..but not anything over 6 mile. I save more miles for spring/summer and fall when I can be outside, then time does not matter.. it's all about the number of miles I can run in a day. Got to mix things up to keep life interesting! 

Running faster at 7.0mph or (an 8 minute & 34 second mile) is getting a bit easier. Hills are never super easy but I keep doing it, day after day.. My goal is to run the entire 30 minutes at 7.0mph. I probably could now but I'll save it for a day that I feel really good and that will be my hard -workout day for the week. I am liking my new way to run. I use to just stay the same speed, 6.0mph with hills and I really do like the variety of semi fast, slow and speedy to finish. I'm just going to keep pushing on...

Bikini  Challenge Day 12.. Still feels hard to do!
1. SPEED SQUATS 39
2. HIGH KNEES 118
3. PUSH UPS 15
4. SQUAT JUMPS 25
5. TRICEP DIPS 49
6. BURPEES 0
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES 27
(Heart Rate)
8. ELBOW PLANK 1:30 + 30
9. Straight Arm PLANK 1:30 + 30
10. Super Woman 2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment