Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Friday... yes it is!!!

Happy Friday.. 

I read about the need to up your workout when your kind of stuck not seeing any progress. I don't always believe you need to keep making things harder each and every workout. Most days it's more then enough just to do the same old workout.. and to add more and make it harder, are you kidding? It's those days where you feel like it's time to challenge yourself.. means it's time to start making the workout harder. I did just that this morning.. instead of just running on the treadmill at 6.0mph.. I did 6.5mph for 27 minutes and the last 3 minutes at 7.0mph for a total of 3.23miles! I was faster and my run was .23miles longer in the same time. I didn't forget hills either.. incline was random up to 1.5. It was harder (faster), but not too hard where I felt like dying.. I will now run every day at 6.5mph and increase speed slowly until I get faster and faster. Slow and steady and I'll make progress and good changes. 
I was in the baking mood yesterday.. I made homemade Italian bread with honey butter. Too good and I ate way more white bread then I should have. Its not every day I make bread and I let myself enjoy it. 

We were at Sam's Club yesterday and I found my favorite salad dressing, Olive Garden's Italian. The only thing that was missing in my salad was tomatoes and red onions.
It's been so cold and its not warming up anytime soon. I decided to get myself a new warm fuzzy blanket. This winter I gave everyone else I know a blanket for Christmas, but not myself. Now I have one too, and I love how super soft it feels.. So warm and cozy!! Perfect for when I'm chilled from being sweaty and too lazy to shower and change right away. 

I really do love some leftovers. Steve made some delicious stir fry for dinner and I had the leftovers for lunch. Mushrooms, broccoli, peppers and onions.. on rice. Loaded up with veggies. 

Day 4 Bikini Challenge..
50 sec each, 10 sec rest in between
1. SPEED SQUATS 44
2. HIGH KNEES 114
3. PUSH UPS 13
4. SQUAT JUMPS 25
5. TRICEP DIPS 40
6. BURPEES n/a
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES 25

 (hold as long as poss)
8. ELBOW PLANK 1:30 min + 1 min
9. Straight Arm PLANK 2:00min
10. Super Woman 2:00min

No comments:

Post a Comment