Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I should be doing more.. a lot more.

Last night I spent a lot of time on the Internet pouring over up coming races. I'm so conflicted on what I want to do. Every blog I read there are runners recapping their races. What is it that makes racing seem like so much fun? And make me feel like I'm missing out if I'm not racing or haven't signed up for one? 

It's a love.. hate with racing. I love getting the shirts, metals and the feeling I accomplished something bigger then I never imagined I'd be doing in my 40's. I just hate the nervous race feeling, the self doubts and the pressure I place on myself to keep improving, getting faster times or place in my age group. Plus there is race running pain.. the heavy breathing, sleepless night.. but all seems worth it when I'm done with the race no matter how I do. I just did it! I really do over think these races and start to worry about every little detail. Mostly about getting to the race. Irrational fears.. because it's never been an issue, yet it's what I worry about the most. 
I took 2 days off from running and my mind sure felt it. I get a little depressed and don't feel I'm doing enough when I'm not getting those good feelings from my running. I'm looking for the next big thing to do. What is the next big thing? I have no idea? Right now.. it's just to keep training for what ever I decide I want to race. 
Taking two days off from running did not make me energized. It made me feel extra tired and lazy. I had a hard time wanting to run and keep going. I forgot my water bottle and Ipod this morning which didn't help. I kept running because what else is there to do when your at the gym. You just don't see anyone laying down on the treadmill too tired to run and not feeling like it. I could have stopped.. but then what? Stand there for an hour or just stare off into space while others around me worked out? 
 I have a confession.. I should have done my challenge exercises yesterday. I decided to be lazy and skip day 14.  I have zero excuses and have 2 extra days of the 90 day Bikini challenge to make up.. it's a 92 day Bikini challenge now. 
1. SPEED SQUATS 41
2. HIGH KNEES 107
3. PUSH UPS 12
4. SQUAT JUMPS 30
5. TRICEPS DIP 50
6. BURPEES o
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES 28
(Heart Rate)
8. ELBOW PLANK 1:30,30
9. Straight Arm PLANK 1:30, 30
10. Super Woman 2:00min

Back to healthy eating after 2 days of Buffet eating I'm ready to start getting back to losing 10 pounds. I have cross country skiing on the agenda. Maybe that will help me feel like I'm doing more.. a lot more? 

No comments:

Post a Comment