Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Going... Going.. Alone.

I was semi trying to talk myself out of going to the gym this morning. I had to go it alone since Steve had an early morning class. I was trying to use the weather as my excuse.. Too dangerous to drive, might spin out and get stuck some where... or the snow drifts would be covering the roads. None of which happened.. because they are only in my head. 
\
I had a friend ask me yesterday by text if I enjoyed running in the cold. My reply:  "No way am I running outside in the cold. I'm getting to like the treadmill at the gym". Did I just say I liked the treadmill? 
It's hard taking a clear photo when your moving.. I had an extra surge of energy thanks to a headache when I woke up. I took Excedrin which contains a good amount of caffeine. I gave my hurting toe a rest from the treadmill and just stayed on the cross ramp for the hour. I increased the resistance to give myself a hard workout! 13 going forward and 14 backwards, 30 minutes in each direction.  This is a lot harder of a workout then running..It's like running up stairs.. with weights on your feet for an hour. Love how I burn 700 calories in an hour.. and still do 6 miles.. 
My favorite thing to do before and after a workout is lay on the floor and stretch.. I should probably do this at night because my back always aches a little after I sit around relaxing. I decided to start doing planks not only in the morning but at night too. I forgot last night even though it was on my todo list. I have to start making it a habit. I am really seeing results from my planking effort. It's called AB muscles... they are coming out.. I'm sure they would be all out if I could drop 10 pounds. Maybe me having to do an evening workout would prevent me from eating a bowl of ice cream at night? Do you ever wonder why we crave ice cream even when it's below Zero? I've been loving Death by Chocolate.... I allow myself one cup in a tiny bowl, and I eat it with a tiny spoon to make it last. 
It looks like I have things to do other then lay around all morning.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment