Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Three Speeds

I was not feeling the workout love this morning. After my 12 miles yesterday (6 running/6 skiing), I was a little less then ready to go workout this morning. Well, as soon as I get out of bed that usually changes. I just decided no need to make every day a hard day. 
I warmed up on the cross ramp for 3 miles at my usual pace and resistance. Treadmill I varied 3 speeds! 1 mile at 6.5mph, 1mile at 6.0mph and the last mile at 7.0 mph with a cool down back at 6.5mph  to finish out my 30 minutes! 
The last two days at the gym I've watched these women walk at 2.0mph (s l o w) on the treadmill.. Got to give them lots of credit, even at 2mph they are still lapping everyone that's on the couch. All it takes is one day at a time, never give up, keep moving.. I really hope to keep seeing them.  Unfortunately, the reality is, most people drop off the face of the earth for working out after a short two weeks or less.. It's unfortunate.. but reality.. it's hard to keep moving, but so very important for your health. Mobility is everything. Once you can no longer walk.. that's it. .Quality of life goes down the drain.. Just ask Steve's 102 grandmother.. she had a stroke and couldn't walk for a while. Her goal was to walk again and sure enough.. she's doing it.. one step at a time with a walker.. but she's determined to keep moving! 
We tried something new for dinner last night. Mushroom stuffed ravioli with a mushroom soup sauce. I had left over cherry tomatoes with lots of garlic.. This was a really tasty dinner. I'm sure not low calorie but I burned about 2000 calories yesterday from all the workouts. 

Day 10 Bikini Challenge.. and I'm still going....only 80 left!
1. SPEED SQUATS 46
2. HIGH KNEES 125
3. PUSH UPS 14
4. SQUAT JUMPS 25
5. TRICEP DIPS 45
6. BURPEES 0
7. ALTERNATING LUNGES 27
(Heart Rate)
 
8. ELBOW PLANK 1:30, 30
9. Straight Arm PLANK 1:30, 30
10. Super Woman 2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment