Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What Makes a Day Great?

I had a pretty great day on Tuesday. This is what made it great!
Starting my day off with a six mile run. It's the perfect distance for me. I get in a hour cardio workout. Plus, running just calms me. I have that feeling of accomplishment and helps me focus before my day starts. If I don't run, I have this weird feeling that I'm not doing enough, wasting time and my mind is all over the place and I just can't relax to see the bigger picture. 

I got my hair cut at the Beauty school for eight dollars. I love going to the beauty school because they take a long time washing and cutting my hair plus, the styling. Not to mention its cheap! I just like sitting there and relaxing while someone does my hair for a long time. Other beauty salons, I'm in and out so fast, I don't even have time to relax and enjoy the pampering. They had a special for a brow tint and a manicure for $6. I unfortunately did not have time because I had a chiro appointment. 
What do my feet have to do with the chiro? She showed me how to fix or work on fixing my feet problem where they start hurting after 6 miles of running. I'm to pick up marbles with my toes and also do some toe exercises. 
I don't have a photo of my acupuncture, although I'd like one just to see what all those needles look like in my back and neck. It is relaxing at the chiro, I get to lay there for 15 minutes, sleeping on my stomach and then my back and neck gets a mini massage and my neck and back gets an adjustment, CRACK!
 I had another Pinterest FAIL... Tried to make these sugar cookies and they didn't look at all like the perfect photo. Let's just say these cookies were a mess and just didn't work very well. I can't give these away since they are so ugly. 
My peanut butter chocolate fudge was also a fail. I was having a bad baking day but I love baking so it was still a great day in the kitchen. The chocolate on the fudge might not look pretty but they sure tasted good. 
My Santa bellies turned out perfect. I've never made these before, believe it or not. I know a lot of people always make this for the holidays so I thought I'd make them too. Super easy to make and so good. 
Steve and I planned to do a little shopping last night but first we wanted to eat a little something. We found a new Mexican restaurant that serves completely different taco's then we normally would see on a menu. We scored a prime table next to the fireplace which made it a great night. 
 Crispy chicken taco
 Cauliflower taco
Spicy pork taco. This is the one I ordered and it was delicious, but very spicy which I like. 
I need to get out and run this morning because I'm starting to feel unsettled.. and grouchy. Yep I have zero patience for anyone till after my run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment