Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, December 28, 2015

I'll take a long afternoon nap with that 6 mile run.

Six miles of running really makes me tired some days. Yesterday I was full of energy all day but not this Monday. 
Right when I finished my run, I ate a big salad and was still hungry.  I reached for some vanilla Special K cereal and had two small bowls, hold the milk please!  I had to take a very long afternoon nap after all that food. I was dead tired. I had to make sure to not sleep for too long. Celina had a doctor appointment to test for strep throat, that came back negative. She did have a chest x-ray and what do you know, she has pneumonia. Fluid in her lungs on the right side. She should start to feel better in 24 hours. For now, we all hope no one else gets sick. 
My mile times were slower today. I was having a hard time just wanting to run in the cold. It was still around 18+F.  I kept track of my times and miles on each loop. I just ran around our neighborhood on the road since the path is ice/snow covered. 
T1 = 14:46 minutes @1.52 miles
T2 = 29:36 @ 3:06 miles total
T3= 44 minutes @ 4.6 miles total
T3 = 57:26 minutes @ 5.91 miles total
I did wear my GPS but I have yet to download my split mile times. 
I've already decided tomorrow I'm not running. I'm going to go cross country skiing in some fresh snow. That's the plan because we are suppose to be getting this huge snow storm starting any minute. They predict any where from 5 to 10 inches. I'm hoping for at least 5 inches which is enough to have the trails groomed and enough so I don't end up falling from lack of snow cover. I can not wait to get back out in the woods! Love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment