Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I'd rather run in day light!

Winter are our dark months and add the cold. I dislike both! I'd rather run in 90*F then in the cold. Now dark and 90*F.. I could run in that! I just don't want or feel like ever running in the cold and dark together. I wait till the sun is up and sometimes a lot later when the temperatures are a bit warmer. I have done plenty of dark running and watching the sun come up but for me to get motivated to run.. I must have light!
I'm completely amazed I'm not sore today from my extended time cross country skiing in the woods. I didn't plan on being out there skiing for over an hour. It was exhausting. Not to mention I fell down. I hate admitting that I fell on a hill because I consider myself to be a good skier. My ski's some how managed to cross on the un-groomed trail. I was getting tired and careless, which is why I ended up falling. It was completely preventable or at least I think it was. I was a bit more careful going down the other hills after my fall. I'm just glad no one was around to witness it. I kind of landed like a flying superman. 
I'm already excited to go out skiing again. The first thing I want to know is if we'll have enough snow today to keep skiing and what day is it suppose to warm up and melt. I have to ski as much as possible. Last year, we didn't get much snow and I hardly got out to ski. I'm hoping its not a repeat of last year. Its such good exercise. Before getting a GPS watch, I always thought skiing was faster then running as I could cover more miles with less energy. So not true. Skiing a lot harder for the amount of miles. It took 1.5 hours to ski 5 miles. I could have ran 9 miles in the same time. Almost double! It's no wonder I was exhausted! 
Did I mention it's day #45 of my healthy eating diet? I had veggie soup for a snack. Now that's a first. At 160 calories for the entire can of soup it was a good healthy snack and hot, just what I wanted after being cold from skiing. 

Starting Fresh again today to make good food choices. I had some of those toffee bars last night. While it's okay to have a taste, I went beyond a taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment