Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What went down in 2015?

When I think about 2015, I can sum it up as a great year.  

I started out all worried about keeping up exercise with working out at a different time then ASAP after I wake up in the morning. I learned over the year that I can take my time, wake up, stretch and still will go run or do some cross training. I am still a morning workout person but slowly am learning it's okay to cross train in the evening and afternoons. I don't always have to run. 

I learned to take more rest days this year then I ever had in the past. Having more rest days did not make me gain weight, or lose my fitness or even stop me from continuing on with running and cross training. This was a big fear and I got over it. 

I had to re-teach myself how to eat healhty. Gained some unwanted weight from just not being mindful of food, slowly junk was creeping back into my diet. I have always written down what I ate, just not kept track of calories. I knew my challenging time of day was afternoon to dinner for just eating what ever I wanted. What I did was to write down the time I ate, what I ate, and how many calories. I'd total up the number and record the total. I try keeping my calories per day from 1500 - 2000, I go over some days. I'm still a work in progress. 

I lost some weight. Still in progress. Doing it slowly and healthy. Eating real foods, limiting sugar, fried foods and eating more veggies. 

I got out of my comfort zone and signed up to play Soccer on an Adult league. I knew nothing about playing soccer other then watching my kids. I'm happy to say I played all year round. Love it. I was by far the oldest but they never made me feel like the old one on the team. I even coached a boys in-house soccer team this summer. It was very rewarding and I loved every minute of it. 

I ran a half marathon this summer, that I did not train for. I didn't PR but I finished it. Ran with Celina in a 4 mile St. Patty Day race. My goals were to just have fun at this race and not worry about my time. 

I increased my daily plank time to 2 minutes, for a total of 10 minutes of planks. 

I didn't get to the gym enough to lift weights. I was on a gym break from burn out. I hope to get back into the gym next year and at least lift weights 3 times a week. 

We traveled a bit last year, Duluth, Grand Marais, Washington DC, South Dakota, and Brainard. 






No comments:

Post a Comment