Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, December 4, 2015

The Big December Warm UP!

Thursday was my last day to be able to cross country ski. Temperatures will be in the 40's for at least the next 7 days. There goes all our snow! 
I made sure to take full advantage of my last day to ski. Finished my 5 miles in one hour and 15 minutes. I had icy and slushy snow conditions out there. What really annoyed me? People walking on a non-walking path that is clearly marked for cross country skiing. The walkers are so inconsiderate that they walked all over my ski trail. Plenty of area to walk too and not walk on my trail but no, they had to walk right on it. Feet tracks really mess up my skiing trail. Thank you, Not! I'd like to put up a sign thanking those walkers for being so inconsiderate! I pay for my ski route. Please keep off! 

I never did see any walkers out there or any other people skiing. It was just me.. This is the trail part where I always think it looks creepy. You can't really tell from this photo but its dark. 
It was pretty nice and sunny out so I wore a light jacket and sun glasses while skiing. 
I didn't fall but it was very icy in some spots and I found myself more then once going down a hill way too fast. I was just hoping not to wipe out because I would probably get hurt. 

It always feels good to ski back to the car and be done with my miles of skiing. 
I was pretty impressed with dinner last night. I made my first ever pork roast. I seared it in a pan with olive oil, and stuck cloves of garlic into the pork. Sprinkled on fresh rosemary. Then I baked the roast in the oven for an hour. It was delicious! Everything turned out great and everyone contributed to dinner. Celina made the zucchini boats with lemon and herbs with Parmesan cheese, Logan helped with the Brussels sprouts and Steve made the button mushrooms in garlic/butter herb sauce. I bought the mashed potatoes because cooking the pork was already beyond my cooking skills. It was one of the best meals I've eaten in awhile. 
Diet day #47. keep going.. keep making progress one day at a time, one meal and many choices to eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment