Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, December 27, 2015

The 26th.. after Christmas... and a birthday!

We started celebrating Tim's (Steve's brothers)40th birthday early.. 10am Starwars(3D) movie at the  theater with the recliner seats. I had been really looking forward to seeing the new movie. Tim was seeing it for the 2nd time. 
We all got a break from each other till dinner. 
Tim requested Prime rib and my popovers. Finally, I had an oven free  where I could actually make popovers. They take 45 minutes to cook which is far too long when the oven is always in use. We had dinner over at Steve's parents house so I baked the popovers at our house and brought them over. 
Don't do what I did.. spend years trying to figure out how to make fluffy huge popovers.  It took reading up on popovers, many different recipes to finally know the secret to getting the popovers huge! I'll tell you the secret. Hot or warm milk. Yep, simple but the key to making popovers. If everything is cold they will be hockey pucks. I'd take all the ingredients out of the frig and think I could just make them and have them turn out like this.. Trust me, warm your milk! 
After not running since Monday morning.. I finally got to do some cardio exercise for an hour. I couldn't get anyone to come with me skiing.. which was probably okay because it was dangerous out there. I fell 3 times.
I only fell because we really don't have enough snow coverage. 2 to 3" does not cover up the sand/dirt 100%. I was going kind of fast down a little hill and all of a sudden my ski stopped but I didn't. It wasn't pretty and it hurt falling on the frozen ground. I was lucky to not get more hurt. Just a little snow covered. 
I tried to be more careful but once you get going on a hill.. you go.. I ended up falling two more times. I need to wait for more snow. Monday night into Tuesday we are expecting up to 10" of snow. Plenty of fresh stuff. Lets just hope once they groom the trails it will keep people from thinking the ski trail is a walking path. I hate nothing more then to see people walking all over my ski trail on a clearly marked path for only skiers. People, you have trails for walkers.. use them, not the ski trail! It's soooo RUDE. I have zero patience for people walking in my way when I'm skiing. They should not be there and I hope they know it. 
5 days of not doing my daily exercises/planks.. felt wrong. It just felt normal getting back to doing what I do every day instead of skipping my exercises for all the holiday work and activities. Nice to get back to a normal schedule. I'm starting out eating 100 percent healthy today. It's day 70! Another Goal day for my diet. I was way off track on dieting this past week. I pretty much let myself indulge in candies, deserts but not go crazy. Just more like 2000 - 2500 calories for the day. Not thinking about losing weight this past week. The plan  this week is to be super mindful of what I eat. It's going to be tough quitting sugar.. once you start up, it's hard to go cold turkey. It's all about replacement. Instead of fudge or candies, it will be fruit and greek yogurt. Time to start that new years resolution and kick it into high gear. The next big Goal day, day #80, I want progress! A real reason to celebrate my goal day!

No comments:

Post a Comment