Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cheers!

Cheers to being out late on a Monday night. Steve and I had a lot of time to burn to pick up Celina and a friend from last night's Jingle Ball Concert in St. Paul. We figured, why not hang out in St. Paul for the night. We'll we waited and waiting till 11:30pm. Late! At least we had an interesting night out. 
The first place we stopped in at to have a glass of wine and a creme brule dessert was WA Frost & Company Restaurant's bar. We've always walked by to other places and had never gone in to this place. Keep walking that's all I can say! Not a great selection of wine. By hey, you can get a half price bottle of $100 or $150 dollar wines on Monday night. Ah, no thanks. I opted for an $8 dollar glass of wine that I disliked! Dessert was also expensive for the size and considering it did not contain real vanilla bean. Soooo disappointing! I was glad we checked this place off our should try list. 

Then we were off to some where closer to the Excel where the concert was located. The Liffey was directly across and close to our parking spot so we waited there till the concert was over. I drank water, we split Artichoke dip with pita bread. I didn't need the extra calories but I needed to stay away and be able to drive us all home safe. Food was needed! So much for counting calories! 
 I was just in the baking mood Monday while Evan napped. Banana bread was the first thing I made. While that was cooking I made a batch of Rice crispy bars with PB and mini M&M's on top. 
 And finally, some chocolate crinkle cookies with added chocolate chips. The batter needs to be refrigerated so I had to wait to bake the cookies. 
Evan woke up and we did our usual play all afternoon thing. We worked on counting to 10, coloring and playing with stickers. He loved putting stickers on his shirt then ripping it off and crumpling them up. Glad I saved all the old sticker books from my kids. 
My 50th day I've been on a diet came and went and I blew my diet on my goal day with the wine and eating late. Plus eating some cookies, banana bread and rice crispy bars. Oh well, I'm still making progress. Right back at dieting today and watching what I eat. 
I've also completely skipped running the last 2 days. I still could run today but I won't. I'm okay with giving myself two rest days in a row. I did okay with more rest days this year then ever. I learned that just because I skip a workout or two doesn't mean I'm going to stop working out forever. I just need to really watch what I eat on the days I don't run because I won't be burning as many calories. 

I'll get right back to running on Wednesday morning. Today, I'm going to nap and rest up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment