Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, December 7, 2015

A Ski Night!

We all went downhill skiing at Buckhill last night. It might be a small hill with not that many trails but its a cheap night of skiing at $10, close to home, 20 minutes and a good place to re-learn to ski. I am rusty at downhill skiing every year. It takes me a few runs down the hill to get my skiing legs back. It's completely different from cross country skiing down a hill so it takes me awhile to transition from that to down hill. 
They all bomb the hill and then there is me.. Taking my sweet time getting down the hill. I'm all about not falling and being in control of my speed at all times. Nothing too fast for me! 
All the snow boarders have mostly taken over the hill. Skiers are definitely out numbered. My kids are the few in ski's compared to snowboarders. Logan now wants to do another snow boarding lesson and try it again. 
 In all we had time to ski about 2 hours. Ski time is only from 7:30 to 10pm. We got there a bit early at 7pm so we were out skiing by 7:15 and left around 9:30pm. It is a school night after-all and the kids were pretty much done. I could have kept skiing. 
I'm not sure how many calories you burn skiing? It felt like we were sitting on the lift more then skiing. Okay, I looked it up, 288- 340? calories per hour. Not too bad considering it doesn't feel like much of a workout. I did feel it working my thighs while skiing down the hill. Lucky for me, I'm not sore today or not feeling it much. I do feel a tiny bit achy in my thighs. Nothing a little Advil and stretching can't cure. We will see if I get any more sore after the day goes on for that muscle soreness to take full affect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment