Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, December 18, 2015

You can not believe it all

I do a lot of reading up on how to diet, what to eat, blah, blah, blah when I'm trying to lose weight. I search for anything diet and food related to give me will power and answers to losing weight. You just can not believe every thing you read on dieting and exercise. 

While read up today, I'll just summarize the information. In just 10 minutes of exercise per day you can lose weight. Well, sure you can if you watch what you eat. You don't even have to exercise as long as your cutting calories. It's not all exercise. If that was true then the daily exercises I do, which take 14 minutes to complete should exceed that articles workout time to lose an easy 20 pounds. It's not that easy unfortunately. 

What does work. Eating healthy, and eating less. Plus, exercise is going to help tone you up. I always thought running would get me that lean runner body. Well, we all know from going to races that runners come in all sizes and shapes. Only the elite athletes that run for world records and to win prize money will have those extreme runner bodies. Some lucky few will have thin runner bodies too, lucky for them having those type of genes. I'm not one of those skinny people. I have been thin for most of my life, with the exception of 10 years after my last child was born. I gained 50 pounds and for 10 years just sat around, ate and didn't exercise. I'd go to work, lay on the couch and eat whatever I felt like. It just didn't feel very good and I wasn't liking what I was seeing in the mirror or in photographs. I had to eat less and lose weight then and only then did I start working out. I only worked out because I knew that I would gain back the weight and more if I didn't move more to keep off the weight. 

Moving more did keep off the weight while I was still eating healhty and less. I started eating more junk, eating more foods all while still working out each day. Well, this is when you can still gain weight and be working out a lot! I mean I was and still am running 6 to 7 days a week for an hour a day, and hour of yoga every day, and my 14 minutes of daily exercises every single day. How could I gain weight. Not eating good healthy foods and thinking I could eat crap and still stay the same weight. 

There are no short cuts or quick fixes. I could starve myself and lose weight but then I'd have zero energy to run. I sure would lose weight fast. I choose to lose weight the slow way. Eat less, more healhty foods and keep on exercising every single day for the rest of my life. 

There are a lot of days I don't feel like doing my run. I don't feel like doing a plank and I don't feel like eating healthy. I screw up, I eat crap, I skip a workout and miss my daily plank but I keep trying one workout at a time, one meal and slowly I am making progress. 

It's hard to always see the results and stay motivated when it's hard to tell if I've gained any fitness or gotten more tone or lost any weight. I just have to trust that this is the path to a healthy balanced life. I will reach my goals, I just need to stay focused and teach myself to be patient. 

This of course is all a pep talk for me. I don't want to give up because the other option is going back to the old me. The one who was unhappy on the couch, out of shape and didn't like who I saw in photographs. I still don't like my picture even though I post many selfies a day. It's easy to see our flaws. I want to start seeing what I like, not what I don't like about me. 

I'm including that on my todo list for 2016. What do you like about YOU today. Great hair day, cute outfit, that I was able to go for a run, finished my planks to keep working on those abs, ate healthy. I don't want to concentrate on how I am aging, dark circles under my eyes, the gray hairs, the cellulite on my butt and legs, the flab under my arms, the thighs that rub together when I walk, the wrinkles on my face, the calloused feet and brittle nails. I do want to be real, and this is why I post photos every day. Keeping it real and it's a great record for me to look back over the year and see if I can just keep up to where I was to maintain good fitness and health be happy where I'm at and keep moving forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment