Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, December 27, 2015

A good old chilly run through the hood.

I start out all over dressed to run. When it's 18*F you have to bundle up till you warm up! 
I felt speedy this morning. Maybe that's because I had 5 days of no running. 6 miles with an average pace of 9 minutes and 13 seconds. Not bad, not bad at all. I ran the road neighborhood route which is a little less hilly but still has pretty much the same amount as the path route. I am guessing the speedy miles was due to the cold and multiple rest days. I think that guy I was racing on mile 2 made me run faster, 8:19 minute mile faster! I never did let him pass me. Eventually he went straight and I took the longer route. 
It sure took me awhile.. 10am to get out there and run in 18+F but I did it and was glad to be done! 
No time to rest. My afternoon plan was to shop! Steve and I drove to Burnsville and shopped at TJ Maxx. We both found clothes to buy. Me, more workout clothes, of course! I tried really tried to find some non-workout stuff, but that's truly all I wear. We found 3 pairs of jeans for Steve and a new gray sweater-shirt. I even found a new pair of Nike gloves and a head band for Celina. She is always borrowing my gloves for driving the car. 
I wanted to go see Minnehaha falls today. I saw a photo of it semi frozen and wanted to take photos of the falls. It did not disappoint! 
It was really cold and we didn't dress warm enough. We really needed hats!
All the ice-cycles hanging from the rocks looked super pretty. 


We had an hour parking pass but instead we raced back to the car after only 13 minutes! Burrrr.. 
It looked all nice out with the sun but don't let that fool you! It was cold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment