Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Friday...

Friday night eating.. We all made pizza  with the cheater crust of  Naun bread from Trader Joe's. We buy them frozen, cook them per the package then top with sauce, cheese, mushrooms, pesto, pepperoni, blue cheese, and fresh mozzarella. The bread makes the perfect size for a personal pizza. 
It's not diet food and I didn't lose any weight by eating this on Friday. Oh well, I have plenty of days ahead to lose weight and watch what I eat. I took a diet vacation for one meal. My other Friday splurge was a handful of mini m&m's. Thankfully, they were mini, so my chocolate indulgence wasn't too bad. 
It's no wonder I'm not losing much weight. I am still working to eat less or eat more of the lower calorie foods, so I can take in less calories per day. This past week I'm usually around 2000 calories for the day. I'm just doing an estimate of calories and I'm trying to over estimate rather then under-estimate that number. I'd say this is my biggest challenge to know exactly how many calories I eat. I'm guessing this is what a lot of other people have trouble with too when trying to eat healthy and prepare their own foods. I could stick with just eating prepared food with calories listed right on the packaging as an option. Weight -watchers has a point system for foods. Or just look up the calories in foods like I do and try to do a ball park estimate. 
I have the same diet plan as when I started this diet of eating less and eating more healthy foods. Day #55. I have another goal day coming up in 5 days. Reaching the 60 day point of just cleaning up my food choices. I'm getting better at snacking healthy. I still slip up by eating a cookie, or some candies, but then I get right back to making good choices at the next meal time. I'm tying to limit the number of calories I eat. Which isn't easy. I like to eat. Most of my calories I eat at dinner and with snacking. I do great at breakfast and lunch. Afternoon snacks use to be a problem,  but I'm eating low calorie options, a pomegranate, popcorn or a pre-dinner salad. Desserts are Greek yogurt and frozen berries or a banana. I must admit, I stick with foods I like and haven't varied my breakfast, lunch, snacks or desserts much for my healhty choices. I'm a creature of habit and I like what I eat.  I need to work on dinner choices. Maybe start cooking more to make low calorie option, get in some protein and lots and lots of veggies. I'm just awful at planning dinner. Time to make dinner changes and figure that out too. This could mean I'm going to have to start making dinners and figuring out what we'll all be eating. Time to break out the cook books or scan Pinterest for dinner ideas for the week. Tiny baby steps all add up and another change is needed. 
My other fail at making changes is to lifting weights at the gym. I'm still resistant to actually going in while Celina works out. I just drive there, drop her off and then come back an hour later to pick her up. I need to just go in and workout! Okay, I still have Saturday and Sunday to start making changes. I won't get tone with out lifting weights. I can run all day and never tone up my body. It's time to concentrate on my muscles and tone up! What is stopping me.. Tired, not dressed for the gym and not being mentally prepared to lift weights and spend an hour at the gym. What could I do to make it easier? Bring reading material. Save a new magazine for reading while I bike 30 minutes after lifting as a treat. Get new gym workout clothes. Have a little afternoon caffeine to wake up and give me some energy. Time to put the plan in place and take action! Nothing gets done with without a plan of attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment