Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, December 5, 2015

My Thoughts on Mixing

Here's some of my thoughts about mixing. That is mixing running, dieting and drinking some wine. Oh, almost forgot fatty foods!

Its just a really bad idea to try and mix drinking and fatty foods with diet and running. I'm having a slow going day because of some choices I made last night. Drinking wine, it doesn't take much for me to feel the alcohol affects. Eating dinner late which consists of onion rings and a cheese, bacon burger is not a good combo. Sure did taste good going down but all night my stomach burned and I felt awful tossing and turning all night long. Its a next day running disaster. It takes me forever to get to a place where I feel good enough to even think of going running. I'm stalling as long as possible and it could be noon before I step out to run. This is LATE! 
My decision is pretty simple. Bring water, listen to the music and watch other people drink wine. I still can enjoy a night out, sleep well and run the next day. I hate to give up food, but I don't need the cheese on the burger or the bacon. Maybe go for a chicken breast or a veggie burger next time around and completely skip the onion rings. I'd rather feel good then have some wine or some fatty foods. Its a good choice to make and from now on the only choice! 
Speaking of choices, I'm sharing my favorite foods and drinks. The staples of my diet! 
The most important is water! I drink water all day and all night long. I have many water bottles laying around just waiting for me to drink up! This brand tastes the best by far. Ice Mountain all the way and  frig refills with a filter. 
My go to Hot chocolate for when I need something to warm me up and just want something chocolate. Only 20 calories!
My new favorite Poppyseed dressing. This Litehouse brand contains only 60 calories for 2 Tablespoons. Some brands are up to 160 for 2 TBSP. Plus, you have to read the label. It doesn't contain junk chemicals. I try to not load up the dressing on my salad...less is best. 
A few Craisins on top my salad is super yummy! 
I like either this Gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbs sprinkled on my salads. Just adds a punch of flavor. 
I think these pumpkin seeds are probably seasonal at Trader Joe's, but they are so good. I should stock up! I top my salad with just a few to add some crunch. 
Not only sweet potatoes are great, but kale too. They are my favorites to eat that are super healthy for you. 
I just pop this potato in the microwave and then eat plain. I found that they are best when wrapped in foil and cooked over a fire. We do this camping and they always taste so good and sweet. 
Pomegranates are in season right now! I buy 2 for $5 and they are the perfect snack. Super juicy sweet and fun to eat the seeds. I think they are best when cold so I keep them in the frig. 
This is a low calorie option for when I'm at a restaurant and I don't necessary like the taste of their water. I add this low 5 calorie package of Crystal light and then I feel like I'm enjoying a special drink. I always order my water with a slice of lemon to make it look like a special drink. 
My favorite bread that I put my Chunky Natural Skippy Peanut butter on every morning. 
Microwave popcorn. Any brand is fine.. Its a good snack when I just want to eat and eat. Low in calories so I can eat the whole bag and feel full. 

(I don't get any of this stuff for free and I'm not being paid for any of my opinions.)
 Alright.. enough stalling.. I have to do some running. It won't be pretty.. but my plan is to just run one time around and see how I feel.. something is better then nothing and we are having some super nice 40+F weather. That means running at the best temp! Who can pass that up? Not me.. even if my head and stomach don't really want to run.. my legs are saying lets just go for a bit and try it.. 

Happy Saturday! Get out and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment