Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Signed Up, but not running!

We will not be running the 5K, nor the 1/2 marathon and definitely not the marathon. Celina and I will be Monster Dash volunteers on the 5K finish line, October 25th. We are handing out water for finishers of this race. 

It would have been a whole family volunteering day if Logan was old enough. He has to be 14 to help out. Bummer! 

Celina has to do 4 hours of community service. Might as well be something we both want to be part of running some day. 
I do like the volunteering perk of having your hours count towards the cost of the entry fee or merchandise. Love the jackets from this race and might just have to get us each one. We get bone money and double on race day for volunteering. We will both have 4.5 hours and that is 9000 bones each. I'm not sure how many bones you need to pay for a race entry fee, but I have a feeling we will do more volunteering in the future. This school volunteering hours is every semester. 
I want to get all excited about running again.. and I know that too will happen. I just need to be patient and get through the rough times where my mind is just not in it. Maybe helping out with this race and seeing the faces of all these other runners will help with my energy level. 
I just read an article about how the changing of seasons can disrupt our bodies making you feel tired all the time. To sum the article up fast, less sun light = more tired. I slept for an hour yesterday afternoon and could not open my eyes. This nap thing is really necessary right now.. I just don't like feeling so tired as if I have zero energy left in me. 

Just waiting for the sun to come up... and then I have plans to run. Not sure how far.. or how long.. I'm just going out to run. 

Its suppose to be around 60+F this afternoon. I hope there is enough energy left in me to take advantage of a beautiful fall day and go do some biking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment