Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I start to lose it!

I can't be the only one that loses momentum in the afternoon? It's those tired hours.. right after I'm done working.. I am hungry, and just done, needing a rest and a break from life. I start out so strong each day, getting up early to stretch, do planks and my other fitness exercises, head out to run or bike for an hour.. go work and then I crash and start to lose it each day. 
I've identified my weakness. Hunger and tired = cravings for bad food and laying on the couch. I reach for comfort foods to help pep me up, or get rid of a headache.. or just because I'm bored and too tired to go run or walk or do much of anything. 
I'm not sure I can change feeling tired after a long day but what I can change is my snacking.. and my food choices. I just need to push through the time of day where I'm feeling weak, tired and just done. 
I am happy to report.. even though I feel tired, really tired I managed to make healthy food choices for lunch. Positive changes for when I start to lose it!
Edamome, rice/salsa and then a healthy snack of Greek yogurt and frozen berries. I think a nap is needed.. after some afternoon yoga stretching..
Because it was raining a little too much to go run.. it was a gym day. Lifted weights for 45 minutes and no cardio as of yet. I'm still hoping I'll get a burst of energy now that it has stopped raining. Those trails might be wet from rain, but they are waiting for some miles to be run. 


No comments:

Post a Comment