Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Rewards of Race Day Volunteering!

Celina and I volunteered at the Monster Dash 5K in St. Paul. Celina has 4 hours of volunteer work to do each semester for school. I thought volunteering for a race would be a great way to give back to those that helped me in my races. 
Our shift was early at 7am to 11:30am. 

Our Job was to make Powerade. 
We were told to expect about 7000 runners!
We got super lucky and most of the water cups were filled and stacked waiting. Not a lot to do but we kept ourselves busy. 
It was nice when the runners would thank us for our help. I loved watching all the cute costumes. I occasionally would ask a few people how they liked the race. All good things I heard back. 

The fun part is always at the end of a race. People get water, food, sit talk listen to the entertainment.. It's a party first thing in the morning!
I had my costume ready to go.. 
The beautiful view we had from our volunteer spot. 
The race took place by the Mississippi river front. Gorgeous day to be racing and volunteering. 
There are so many rewards to helping out others and volunteering. It just felt good to give back to other runners. 
We had so much fun.. We'll be doing more race day volunteering!

No comments:

Post a Comment