Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another Lesson Learned!

Just when you think You have it down.. reality sets in and jolts you. No I don't have running down its ever changing which is probably why I like it. It sure is a challenge every darn day! 
My lesson of the day is to always wear arm warmers when its around 40+F and windy. I always get hot and end up taking off my layers but my arms never warm up. I should have figured this out but off I ran without arm warmer, took off the layers and then froze my arms for 2 miles. 
My pace wasn't great. Still working on picking up the speed. I still have so much to learn and every day when you run you learn something new. 
I didn't know Oak leaves grew this HUGE! I found this leaf on the path and it was so big I had to stop and pick it up. It is the same size as my 9" foot! 
6 Months ago I took the advice of a chiropractor.  He suggested to avoid injuries while running to do some squats and walking lunges before I run to warm up my body to move. He was 100% right. I've been doing 50 squats and 30 lunges daily.. It's probably time to do a few more or add weights to make it a little harder to gain more strength. I also read week glutes are why you can't run faster.. so I have to strengthen them to run my buns off~
Picked the last of my home grown tomatoes. Just waiting for these to ripen up and I'll be eating them in my favorite salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment