Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Training? For What?

People always ask.. "So what are you training for?" I have no idea.. just training to be fit. 
I love being able to run where ever I choose, and what ever pace I'm feeling up to running. Plus, I determine the distance. Its usually any where from 4 to 8 miles on any given day.. I'd like to say I am good at doing longer runs but 8 miles seems to be the preferred long run for me. 
I'm always a bit envious when I read that others have run any type of race. I love the after feeling of race accomplishment. I just don't like the stress, worry and race day jitters. Of course, I'm only out to beat my last race time, but I seem to get caught up in the must beat the other person in front of me.. even trying to beat my old race times can be a challenge. I would love to just run a big race, go a slow nice pace and feel good about just running with a bunch of other people. If only my mind would let me do that come race day.. Something to work on and maybe if I actually signed up for a ton of races I'd really do that instead of trying to beat my times and keep running faster and faster. I certainly don't train to run fast.. and I probably should pick up the pace! 
Steve was nice enough to go walk the lakes while I ran by him at least 3x's. I just can't convince him to run outside with me.. 
Steady pace for my trail running a just a bit chilly to start but I sure warm up. I even got the now that's a true Minnesotan" comment as I ran by in my tank top.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment