Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, October 17, 2014

Follow Directions to improve.

I frequently come across articles written on weight loss or how to run faster etc..just follow these directions the articles promise and you will improve. The advice is always good, but what if I'm doing all those things and its not changing me? 

Diet advice is usually: 
1. Drink more water! That's all I do, drink water and I even gave up Sunday night glass or two of wine to drink more water and take in less calories. 

2. Eat veggies and fruit. Yes I do this for the most part.. 

3. Get exercise at least 30 minutes a day. I do more then this... and still no changes.

To run Faster advice:
1. Run hills..All my running routes require me to run a large hill or two, three or more.. there is no avoiding hills!

2. Speed work.. I always sprint at the end of a run..Plus love to do the speed up and slow down running to mix things up.  

3. Core work to get stronger. Daily.. my planks!! 
Feels like the road keeps getting longer and not shorter when I think of what I need to do for dropping more weight and run faster. They are both connected in that if I lose weight.. it will help me run faster. Less weight to have to run and carry. Even the though of running with a 10 pound weight sounds like a chore and holding on to those extra pounds is exactly what I'm doing.. Running with extra pounds! 



what other diet, running faster advice do you follow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment