Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, October 3, 2014

Why am I so grouchy? Over training?

This is the 2nd day in a row I've woken up to feeling like I'm a complete grouch! I've even been yelling at other drivers while in the car, and feeling just over all angry. I snap easily at everyone when I can't seem to communicate my point easily. Is this a symptom of over training? Feeling tired all the time too.. is this a sign of  over training? Not sticking with healthy eating 100%, when I'm crashing at the end of the day. 
I'm letting little things bother me, too much noise, not a clean enough house, having to do anything other then what I want. Plus, I completely want to skip my running. Is this all the result of over training and not taking enough time to rest? 

(Info from Competitor.com)
Heart Rate
During overtraining, you may have a higher than normal heart rate while resting and while sleeping. Record your heart rate each morning as soon as you wake up and before you get out of bed. Keep a small notebook by your night stand where you can record the data each day. If you find an extended period of time where your heart rate increases in the morning, you could be suffering the effects of overtraining.
Caveat: Heart rate can be affected my numerous factors outside running fitness or your training state. Stress, hydration, caffeine and hours of sleep are just some of the variables than can effect heart rate. Don’t get too worried about small fluctuations, instead look for ongoing trends.
Moodiness
Overtraining can lead to a decrease in hormone production, specifically the hormone catecholamine, which can influence the sympathetic nervous system. This can lead to increased feelings of stress and moodiness. If you’re feeling increasingly irritable or stressed, it might be a sign that you’re training too hard.
Susceptibility To Sickness
Overtraining impairs the immune system, which leaves you more susceptible to contracting colds, the flu, and other viruses. If you find yourself getting sick more than usual, especially repeated bouts of the same virus, it could be a sign of overtraining.
Disturbed Sleeping Patterns
Finally, overtraining interferes with the bodies circadian rhythms, which can cause you to have trouble sleeping. Symptoms include waking up much earlier than normal or trouble getting or staying asleep.
Caveat – circadian rhythms are also effected by seasonal changes in the amount of daylight available.  If you’re having trouble sleeping during a change in seasons, it could be a natural reaction to when the sun rises and sets.
While non of these symptoms should be taken as a clear indication of over training on their own, if you find that you’re experiencing three to four of these  indicators, it could be time to take a little rest.
Read more at http://running.competitor.com/2014/01/training/overtraining-

I realized yesterday when I was super tired again just from a short 6 mile bike ride then working for 3 hours that I needed some down time. Took the kids to see a movie and what do you know.. The best recliner movie theater seats EVER! This is just what I needed, Movie night with the kids, Maze Runner. I read the book so I knew it would be good. Plus, Logan had been asking to see this movie. We usually don't see many movies, so my needing a little time out from life, watching a movie with the kids was a really good idea! 
Oranges were my answer to getting some good Vitamin C. Might help boost my mood. Plus, these oranges are my favorite, super juicy goodness.

Making good choices for lunch. Love my rice and salsa.. spicy and good! 


Trying to pick myself up and breathe.. relax. Laugh at myself and my grouchy mood. Trying to turn around my day and not let my mood dictate my day. I want to have a good day. A good Friday. I'm the only one who can make me have a good day.. and on that note.. I need to go for a run. Everything is always better after I sweat it out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment