Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

You two amaze me! & "Your already there!"

Every once in awhile a perfect stranger says something while passing. Last weekend while we were biking up a huge hill, I yelled out to Steve, who was ahead of me.. "I don't think I'm going to make it all the way up this hill", some older woman who was walking up the hill said " You two amaze me". That was it.. how could I disappoint this woman who looking at me, had complete confidence that YES I could make it up this HUGE, Steep hill! I knew Steve could make it, because the last time we biked, I stopped and walked it and he kept going. I didn't want to stop and walk. This woman who just told me were were amazing was counting on me to be strong and bike it to the top of that hill. 
There was a whole lot of huffing and puffing to get up that Fort Snelling hill leading up from the river. What do you know.. I made it to the top, then had a short break before another steep but short hill where I caught up to Steve. It felt good to not let this woman down.. after all, she thought we were amazing. Sometimes that's all you need to hear to have confidence in yourself to do something really hard. Someone else telling you.. you can do this!
As you know.. I struggle every meal with making good food choices. More then not, I fail.. and its making me unhappy about where I am for weight and weight loss. My PT client and I were talking and she too was getting down on herself about how hard it was for her to just move and not being where she wants to be. I said I know the feeling.. and she said "Your already there". Sometimes I forget how far I've come.. I need to be in the present and just appreciate where I am.. not keep thinking I need to improve this or I'm still not where I want to be. I should just enjoy that I feel as strong and healthy as if I was 20 all over again.. I can jump, run, bike and I know I can do all these things easily... or at least most days. 
It's time to get moving.. out the door.. Just a quick 2 miles as I have another really tough work day ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment