Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, October 6, 2014

Seeing this makes me want to add it to my bucket list.

Seeing the Twin Cities Marathon at mile 23, inspired me to one day do this race too. I want to add it to my bucket list on the things I should do before age 50. 
26.2 miles is a long way to run... I just watched the faces of people and all types of body shapes, and ages run by me. It made me want to run the last 3.2 miles with them to the finish line. 
These people were all going to finish the marathon in 4 hours or less. I wanted to look at their faces and see if it looked painful to run that far. Everyone seemed like they were just out for a leisure run of a few miles.. not looking like someone had just run 23 miles.. It gives me hope, that I too will have a good marathon run at some point before I turn 50. 

Our destination was the Bread Smith in St. Paul, we just happened to see the marathon running by on the next street over. This place has the best bread! Their chocolate bread is my absolute favorite. I can not be trusted to get an entire loaf, so I opted for a single roll to eat in the car on the ride home. 


 I promised Logan and Celina we would make some chocolate cupcakes and frost them. The kids just like the frosting part best.  
The cupcakes made for a fun Sunday night family dessert with vanilla ice cream. 
Then off to watch Logan play soccer with his old REV team. He was asked to sub for the team again, which was really nice. He had the most shots,over 5 on the goal, but it was pretty windy and didn't make it in the goal. That was pretty much how all the boys were doing, shooting and just missing or the keeper would catch the ball.. they won 4 to 2.. a good game. 
It's Monday and I'm super happy to be watching Evan today. I didn't see him for 2 weeks and it felt like forever! I couldn't resist buying a new outfit for him to wear today. 

I had to make sure to get up at 5am and finish running before 7:30.. A very chilly 35+F start to the day. It actually felt pretty good. I start my day with planks, squats and lunges and by the time I'm done with that.. I'm looking forward do stepping outside to cool down. 


My running times were okay.. I really don't care how slow I go.. I just have to give myself credit for running. 





No comments:

Post a Comment