Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

Just  a few spooky costumes from past years... 






I have no idea of what the kids are going to dress up as tonight. It's kind of a last minute, find what you can around the house. 
I'm copying this idea. I really wanted to paint Celina's face but I might just have to settle for doing it to my own. She has other ideas about her costume choices! 

 Maybe I'll recycle my Katy Perry costume? 
Logan made some holiday cookies.. not Halloween Holiday but Raspberry Thumbprint that we usually only make at Christmas. They are soo good. I'm not sure why we don't make them that often. He had to make cookies for science class. Convert the recipe to the metric system. 
Already showing baking talent!

Time to report on my post soccer running.. Knowing my big toes are messed up.. black toe nails and really, really sore from soccer. I attempted to run on Excedrin for the pain.. and caffeine. It did the trick after putting 3 layers of band-aids on my big toes. 
I ran just three short miles. My toes felt okay. I just didn't have enough time to run more miles and never got around to it later on in the day to finish up those extra miles. That's my issue.. I never feel like running later on when I have afternoon down time. Something to work on.. 
It's a chilly 29*F morning.. How do you get motivated to run outside when its this C O L D? 
Here's my way to ease into the idea of running in the cold: 
1. Do planks to warm up my body quickly
2. When waiting for my GPS, I do 50 squats and 30 lunges outside. 
3. Dress in layers, jacket, shirt, tank top, arm warmers, and gloves
4. Stay close to home so I can always run home to warm up. I do warm up after 1 mile so this is my mind game I play to just get out there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment