Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, October 24, 2014

Training..is hard work!

This soccer training is hard work. How is it that I can run 8 miles and not feel super tired, but when I run with a soccer ball for 15 minutes I'm exhausted?
The kids and I went to the local park and practiced soccer drills out on the field. The season for soccer is over and all the nets were removed. They treated the field with those dirt plugs and it smelled like dog poop. Not pleasant at all. 
I wanted to test out my skills of passing, kicking and running with the ball. I've watched both my kids and have done some practicing with them over the years so I'm not completely starting from scratch. 
I've never worn soccer cleats before and it really makes kicking the ball a lot easier. Regular running shoes don't offer enough foot protection from kicking the ball, but the soccer cleats sure do the trick. My kicks, passes felt a lot stronger with the added foot protection. 
Celina and I went for a 1.3 mile jog after we got home and my feet felt so light after switching back to my running shoes. Maybe the next shoe improvement will be a cross over running/soccer cleat that is light weight to make soccer players that much faster!
My main goal of playing soccer is to make me a faster runner. Soccer requires a lot of running and sprinting. I'll get a workout and not realize I'm doing hard speed work because I'll be concentrating on getting to the ball fast and having fun doing it. I'm hoping after 8 weeks my speed level will have improved from one day a week speed sessions. Lets just hope I don't get injured doing this! 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment