Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Walking miles and miles..

I spent the first full day (Sunday) with Evan walking all of DC.. We headed out at 9am and walked right to the Washington Monument! It was not too far from our hotel about 1.5 miles. 
I was pretty excited just to be sightseeing in DC and just wanted to soak it all in.. It's so much different touring a city all by yourself on foot. Too much to look at but I can do as I please. Which made it that much more fun for me. 
Next stop was to the World War II memorial. My grandfather served the army in this war, so it definitely had more meaning to be there. 
Each State was listed around the walls, so I took a photo of Minnesota.

From the World War II memorial you can see the Lincoln Memorial in the background. 
Lots more walking.. but it was still early in the day. 

I had the stroller so we took the elevator up to the top floor to see Lincoln. 


Korean War Memorial 
Martin Luther King Memorial
I was starving and the Mall had so many food trucks. I decided on this truck.. the line was really long and that must be a good sign. 

The Chicken/rice Burrito was really delicious. It was a really good choice! 
 I made a really good choice after frozen yogurt with fresh fruit 
The Capital!!!! 
Sitting on the Mall's grass.... 

Off to the Space Museum. This is the only exhibit I remembered about my last time in DC. 
Ever wonder how Astronauts use the toilet.. full description here! This contraption makes going behind a bush, look really good! 




No comments:

Post a Comment